Will Smith Breaks Silence: ’Chris .. I am deeply remorseful !’

Will Smith Jada Smith Chris Rock image

Will Smith says Jada Pinkett Smith "had nothing to do" with his decision to smack Chris Rock during the Academy Awards ceremony in a new video statement.

Will, 53, released a brand-new video titled "It's been a minute..." on Friday to his Facebook and YouTube pages. In the video, Will explained that he had taken the time since the March 27 Oscars telecast to reflect on his behavior.
In the video, he remarked, "There is no part of me that feels it was the correct way to behave at that time. 

The actor responded to questions he dictated to himself from a teleprompter and categorically disputed that Jada "[told Smith] to do something" in reaction to Rock's joke about Jada's shaved head, which prompted the actor to strike Rock, 57, onstage.
Jada, age 50, has alopecia. 

In the video, Will said, "No."Just like...I made a decision for myself based on my past interactions with Chris and my personal experiences. Jada was unrelated to it." 

Will said, addressing Jada directly, "I'm sorry, honey.
I want to apologize to my family and kids for making everyone uncomfortable. 

Will also expressed regret for his behavior, which caused confusion as Rock delivered the Best Documentary award at the March Academy Awards and embarrassed the other candidates.
Later, he collected the Best Actor trophy for his King Richard performance.

Will stated, "It honestly pains my heart to have stolen and tainted your moment. I won because you voted for me."
It happened on Questlove's award, and I can still see Questlove's eyes, saying, "I'm sorry, but it just isn't adequate." 

In the video, Will also expressed his regret to Rock directly, telling him, "I'm here anytime you're ready to talk."

Never miss a story again; subscribe to PEOPLE's free daily newsletter to receive the best of the magazine's content, including juicy celebrity news and gripping human interest tales. 

The day after the Oscars, Will apologized to Rock in a statement, saying that he "reacted emotionally" because the "joke regarding Jada's medical condition was too much for me to handle."

Since then, Will has resigned from the Oscars' host organization, the Academy of Motion Pictures Arts & Sciences.
The actor was also prohibited from participating in Academy activities for the next ten years. 

This course of action we are taking in reaction to Will Smith's actions tonight is a step toward a bigger aim of guaranteeing the safety of our visitors and artists and regaining the public's faith in the Academy, CEO Dawn Hudson and Academy President David Rubin said in the letter.

Additionally, we anticipate that this will mark the beginning of a period of restoration and healing for all parties involved." 

Will described his actions as "shocking, hurtful, and unacceptable" in a statement when he announced his resignation from the Academy. 

I broke the confidence of the Academy and the lengthy list of people I have affected includes Chris, his family, many of my good friends and loved ones, everyone present, and worldwide viewers at home, he stated.
"I'm devastated. I want to shift the spotlight back to those who merit recognition for their accomplishments and give the Academy a chance to resume the amazing job it does to encourage originality and artistic expression in film "said the Best Picture Oscar winner. I took away the chance from other nominees and winners to honor and be honored for their amazing efforts.

Will subsequently said, "Change takes time, and I'm committed to do the job to make sure that I never again allow violence to trump reason."

Rock's brother claims that when he made the joke equating Jada's shaved head to Demi Moore's character's hairstyle in the 1997 film G.I. Jane, the comic was unaware of Jada's alopecia. 

Us Weekly said that at a stand-up performance with Kevin Hart on Sunday at the PNC Bank Arts Center in Holmdel, New Jersey, Rock reminded the crowd that he is "not a victim."

Rock reportedly stated on Sunday, "Anyone who believes words hurt has never been hit in the face."
"Yes, motherf—-er, it hurt like s—-.
But the next day, I shook that s—- off and reported for work.
I avoid the hospital when I get a paper cut."

Will Smith.. The legend !

Will Smith's 2022 has gotten off to a terrible start. intentional pun The actor is preparing to return to the big screen even if Chris Rock's slapping episode may make him unwelcome at the Oscars.

I Am Legend 2, which is being made by Smith's firm, Westbrook Studios, is now under production.
As Robert Neville, a scientist battling to live and discover a zombie cure in a post-apocalyptic New York City, Smith will likely make a comeback for fans. 

I Am Legend, a 2007 movie co-starring Michael B. Jordan, was a great hit. At the box office, it brought well over $585 million for the studios.The 1954 novel by Richard Matheson was adapted for the first movie by Oscar-winner Akiva Goldsman, who is also collaborating with the anticipated sequel. 

The development of I Am Legend 2 has just begun.
The script is currently in development and has not yet received approval.
Warner Brothers hasn't objected to Will Smith's participation, therefore Smith is still associated with the production.

A source informs The Sun that "the screenplay is being written addressing his role and as of now, Will remains connected to the project."

Will Smith hasn't been making much headlines lately, but on a recent episode of her Red Table Talk podcast, Smith's wife Jada Pinkett Smith addressed the Oscar slap incident, stating, "About Oscar night.
My sincerest wish is for these two talented, intellectual guys to have the chance to talk things out, get over their differences, and reunite. 

We need them both, and we really need one another more than ever given the status of the world now.
Pinkett Smith keeps going.
Till then, Will and I will keep doing what we have been doing for the past 28 years, which is to continue figuring out this thing called life together.
I appreciate you listening.

The day after the Oscars, Will Smith posted a statement on the event on his Instagram, saying, "Violence in all of its forms is poisonous and destructive.
My conduct during last night's Academy Awards was deplorable and disgusting. 

Jada Pinkett and Will Smith Divorse Rumors

After false allegations surfaced in August 2015 claiming that the Smiths were divorcing after 17 years of marriage, the rumor mill went into overdrive.

The "Summertime" rapper felt forced to answer to them in August 2015 on Facebook, writing: "Normally, I don't respond to ignorance (Because it's contagious)". But, so many people have extended me their "deepest condolences" that I figured - "What the hell... I can be foolish, too!" So, in the interest of redundant, repetitious, over & over-again-ness... Jada and I
Later, the host of Red Table Talk tweeted, “My King has spoken.”

In September 2015, the Independence Day star posted a flashback image of the pair along with a heartfelt message on Facebook in honor of Pinkett Smith's birthday."This picture was shot 20 years ago at your mother's place.That was so long ago!I've wished you a happy birthday 20 times and purchased you 19 birthday gifts.(That one year, I was irate.) I've seen you extinguish 693 candles (737 after tonite). At least 8,285 times, I've told you that I love you, Smith wrote. And out of the roughly 3.96 billion women on the earth, I want to spend the rest of my life with only one. Love, happy birthday!"

 In a November 2015 interview with Entertainment Tonight, the Bad Boys star spoke up about his relationship two months later, saying that getting married was "the most hardest, tedious, terrible thing that we have ever taken on in our lives." And you already know we don't give up easily. Additionally, he gave some counsel: "If there is a secret, I'd say it's because we never started working on our relationship. We never did anything but improve individually before presenting a better version of ourselves to one another.  

In July 2017, the actress from Set It Off addressed reports that she and the Focus actor were swingers during an appearance on Watch What Happens Live with Andy Cohen. The most absurd rumor? I'm a swinger, and Will is too. That one is the most absurd. She remarked, "It's nonstop, and I'm like, 'Yo, I wish!'" before making a joke. Additionally, she provided some insight into how the past two decades have kept things "hot": "I genuinely believe that Will and I have incredible connection on many different levels. Together, we like learning new things, having fun, and just being with one another. We just enjoy our time together. Yes, I suppose that's the key. Yes, we just adore one another.

Will Smith Jada Smith image

10-Year Oscars Ban

The Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences declared in a statement that as a result of Will Smith hitting comedian Chris Rock on stage during this year's Oscar ceremony, he will be prohibited from attending the Academy Awards for the next 10 years.

Will Smith image


The Board has resolved that Mr. Smith will not be allowed to attend any Academy events or activities, in person or online, starting on April 8, 2022, including but not limited to the Academy Awards, according to a statement released by Academy President David Rubin and CEO Dawn Hudson on Friday.

The choice was decided during a Board of Governors meeting that took place in Los Angeles earlier in the day. The conference was moved up from its original April 18 date after Smith gave notice of his departure from the Academy last week.
Smith's speech on his 10-year Oscars exile was brief and to the point.
In a statement to CNN, the actor stated, "I accept and respect the Academy's decision.
Rock's reps have been contacted by CNN for comment.
The choice was made after "loads of debate" over the appropriate response to his on-stage smack, a board member told CNN.

"The 94th Academy Awards were meant to honor the many people of our community who produced outstanding work this past year, but those moments were overshadowed by the disgusting and harmful conduct we saw Mr. Smith exhibit on stage", the Academy said in their letter.

The letter said, "During our program, we did not sufficiently handle the situation in the room. "We sincerely apologize for this; it was our chance to lead by example for our viewers, visitors, and Academy family throughout the world, but we failed because we were unprepared for the unprecedented," the statement reads.
Next Post Previous Post