"Because I Know the Truth", Kate Moss testified in ex-Johnny Depp's defamation case against Amber Heard

 

Kate Moss Johnny Depp Amber Heard Image

Kate Moss has pondered on her choice to come out over two months after the contentious defamation case between Johnny Depp and Amber Heard was won in his favor.

The 48-year-old supermodel made a brief reference of her ex-boyfriend on a Sunday, July 24, broadcast of BBC Radio 4's "Desert Island Discs," adding, "I believe in the truth, and I believe in fairness and justice." "I am aware of Johnny's  true identity. I am certain that he didn't kick me down the stairs. That truth has to be said".

The native of England, who dated the 58-year-old Pirates of the Caribbean actor from 1994 to 1997, reflected warmly on their relationship and said that she even took the slogan "never complain, never explain" from Depp.

Prior to her testimony in May's court case involving the actor and the 36-year-old Texas native, Moss clarified that, contrary to rumors, her ex-partner did not shove her down a flight of stairs.

"Johnny exited the room before I did as we were getting ready to go. A storm has just passed. She recalled their Jamaica holiday before the court, saying, "As I exited the room, I went down the stairs and bruised my back. "I yelled because I was in agony and unsure of what had happened to me. He quickly returned to assist me, brought me to my room, and sought out medical treatment for me. He never hurled me down any steps, kicked me, or pushed me.

In reaction to an opinion piece his ex-wife penned for the Washington Post, the Kentucky native who met Heard on the set of 2009's The Rum Diary sued her for defamation. The Aquaman actress said in the article that she had experienced domestic abuse. She and Depp divorced in 2017. Although Heard did not mention her ex-husband by name in the op-ed, Depp's legal team asserted that there were similarities between her claims and Depp's. The actor from Dark Shadows finally won his case, and the jury awarded him $10 million in compensatory damages and $5 million in punitive penalties.

"The jury restored my life. I am really humbled," Depp wrote in a statement to Us Weekly in June, following the court's decision. I carefully considered my options before deciding to pursue this case, knowing well well the significant legal obstacles I would have to overcome and the inevitable, global attention it would bring to my life.

"Regardless of the outcome, the purpose of bringing this lawsuit was to uncover the truth from the very beginning," he continued. I owed it to my children and to everyone who has continued to be by my side to tell the truth. Now that I have finally succeeded, I feel at ease.

Heard has subsequently submitted an appeal on her behalf.

Next Post Previous Post